Tuesday, August 4, 2015

To my predecessor in this home


I never knew this dog, whose name was Cid.  But I came to live in his home not quite a year after he had left, and let me tell you, his are big pawprints to fill.  In this picture he was about 3 pounds more than I am or will ever be.  At his prime, he was 110 pounds of happy, friendly, very protective of Mama dog.

I try to do the job he did here, protecting the house and Mama from all sorts of invaders, and making sure Mama gets to walk on the beach and take her pictures, like Cid did.  Sometimes Mama laughs when I do something she says Cid used to do.  I like that.

So, on today, the anniversary of his death, I salute the dog who paved the way for me to have a happy home here.  Thanks to the big brother I didn't know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment